Stacy Knits

Ramblings about knitting and whatever else crosses my mind

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Madness Ensues!


Ah, it's here! March Madness is here, and we're ready. It's Conference Tournament week with the Brackets coming out tomorrow night. I'm pumped. It's my favorite time of the year. My beloved Cats won their SEC Quarterfinal game yesterday, playing a miserable first half and getting down by 10 points two different times in the last 7-8 minutes. They showed so much heart and determination to win that game. Heart is something that's been woefully lacking in this team this year.

The NCAA tournament is a relatively solitary thing for me. I love getting together with people to watch regular season games but with so much riding on tournament games (one loss, your season is done), I hate to watch with anyone. I get so into it. I get so stressed when the Cats play. And I love to watch as many games as I can.

That leads to a ton of knitting time! The best UK game projects are simple stockinette with not a lot of counting, something that keeps my hands moving (that calms me) but doesn't require attention. And something that I can put down at any time should cheering (or jeering) necessitate it and pick right back up. For other teams' games, I can do something a little bit more complex but there can be no complicated cable or lace knitting during the games! And I really need to get some projects finished too, especially if I want to wear them before next fall/winter. So here's the March Madness knitting plan...

1. Get the Alphabet Baby Blanket halfway done
2. Finish Salina (half the front and half a cuff remain)
3. Pick up and finish Apricot. For real. (one front and one sleeve remain)
4. Finish my socks (Sock #1 is merely rows from completion!)
5. Cabled bag for my friend Steph
6. Finish "mystery project" I wrote about not long ago. It's not much of a mystery since I decided I won't be giving it away unless it's too small which is entirely possible judging from what I've got done (Odessa from Grumperina).

It's not likely I'll get all this done during March, and that's not really the goal. I do have some projects I'm itching to start like the BSA Cotton Cardigan I almost did during the Knitting Olympics. And the Cabled Turtleneck from Rebecca #30. And I ripped out the Jaywalker socks I had started and want to give them another shot. Of course, the temptation is pretty strong to cast on for them.

But I will not even touch the yarn for any of these until I've accomplished 4 of the 6 things on this list. True story! And feel free to call me on it if I do! :)




5 Comments:

  • At 1:01 PM, Blogger goodkarma said…

    Sounds like knitting madness! Woohooo! :)

     
  • At 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love the photo.
    Woo! I love this time of year. Did I ever tell you I was in a sports watching the tournament when I realized I was in love with Ken? Wow, that was almost a decade ago!

     
  • At 10:03 AM, Blogger Melissa said…

    it's that time again! sounds like you have more on your plate than you did for the knitting olympics!

     
  • At 1:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great work!
    My homepage | Please visit

     
  • At 1:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good design!
    http://uplayngy.com/vunv/fvua.html | http://eusyuaxx.com/lfvc/bdjj.html

     

Post a Comment

<< Home