Stacy Knits

Ramblings about knitting and whatever else crosses my mind

Monday, February 20, 2006

Progress Report...

One week to go! I've made great progress on my Ruffled Cardi. I've completed the back, both front pieces, and one sleeve piece. I thought I would try to complete both sleeves by this weekend and to leave only the quick knitting front piece to go for the week. But since the front piece has some type of shaping on almost every row, requiring me to closely track where I am, I figured it would be best to do it over the weekend. I do like to carry my project with me during the week in case I have a chance to work on it, and tracking sleeve increases is a lot easier than this.

(I'll try to snap some pics later)

So technically, after casting on for the final sleeve last night, I'm just one day behind from my intended schedule. That's pretty good with just one piece left to go. Finishing is going to be the killer on this! But it should be do-able over just a weekend if push comes to shove.

I'm not so sure I want to put every project on a deadline like this but it has been fun, knitting like crazy to get it done.

The Cats beat South Carolina Saturday in a great game, where they played like the Cats of old. It amazes even me how much better of a mood I'm in when they win. Patrick Sparks was on fire in the second half, hitting 6 3's. If this guy played on any other team, I would despise him that his cocky little smirk he gets when he's on fire. But he's ours and as frustrated as I get with his streaky shooting, I love the guy.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:05 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    I totally love reading how much you are into basketball! I'm in my annual depression that football season is over. At least I have baseball starting.

    And...they announced the team line-ups for the NFL. The Steelers are playing the Chargers in San Diego. A 5 hour drive from my house! Road trip!!

     
  • At 1:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Girl, you are flying on that sweater! I have been enjoying reading the Olympic knitting blogging. It's probably good that I didn't do it or I might have been like that those aggro knitters with a spreadsheet!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home