Stacy Knits

Ramblings about knitting and whatever else crosses my mind

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Ruffles is done!

She's done, and I love her! I am so crazy about this scarf. It's different and was fun to knit, even for someone that usually hates knitting scarves. I have a feeling there are going to be a couple of these given as Christmas gifts. So if you are on my Christmas gift list and hate this scarf, you had better comment now!

I used Debbie Bliss Cashmerino, on size 6 needles. I'm such a loose knitter (um, hush). I started with size 8 but it was so floppy that I went down. My 7 needles were being used for something else so 6 it was. I used about 3 1/2 balls and ended up with a really long scarf, about 92 inches. That's fine for this pattern because with the scarf being relatively thin, it's nice to double it up, like I have here. Three balls of Cashmerino would have been plenty for a nice long scarf too.

I snapped a couple of pictures of myself wearing Ruffles to post on the blog, after today's football game (just taking a break here, we're headed back out, unfortunately to drown our sorrows after another football loss but we did score lower level basketball tickets for Tuesday night from the darling elderly couple that sits in front of us at the football games). I didn't want to show off the scarf with this pic because it blends in with my Kentucky shirt but I thought it was such a cute picture that I had to post it!



3 Comments:

  • At 7:19 PM, Blogger goodkarma said…

    So pretty! And I can just imagine how soft and cuddly it is. Yay!

     
  • At 8:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love how cute your doggie is in that picture...

     
  • At 9:18 AM, Blogger Lesley said…

    Beautiful! And it looks really comfy. I might have to make another one of these. It is a fun knit, isn't it?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home