Stacy Knits

Ramblings about knitting and whatever else crosses my mind

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Happy birthday to me!

Actually, it was yesterday, not today. I was so stuffed from my birthday dinner (sushi) that I didn't even eat my favorite red velvet cupcakes. 31 seemed so old when I was a kid. But now, I don't feel or (hopefully) look that old!

I've stalled out on the sleeve of my Knitting Olympic cardi. I hate sleeves! I'm about 11 inches in but I cast on for this thing late Sunday night. Hopefully I'll get it finished tonight and tomorrow for seaming on Saturday and ruffling on Sunday!

The back and front pieces are blocked and ready to be seamed. I may do a little of that tonight to break up the sleeve monotony and see how it fits. In spite of how much I hate doing sleeves, I love being at this phase of a sweater...the phase where you know that you're going to have a brand new handknit sweater pretty soon!

6 Comments:

  • At 4:37 PM, Blogger Lauren said…

    Happy Birthday!

     
  • At 5:01 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    Happiest Birthday! I hope you had a wonderful day.

     
  • At 8:22 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    happy b-day! glad the end of your sweater is in sight. i have faith in you that you will finish on time!

     
  • At 8:53 PM, Blogger Cupcake Queen said…

    Stacy: Thanks for your comment on 52 cupcakes...it looks like you go a win on your birthday...which is so funny because yesterday (wednesday) was my birthday too...unfortunately for me the terps lost! oh well....at least my birthday dinner was good!

     
  • At 2:02 PM, Blogger goodkarma said…

    Happy Birthday! Yay! I agree; 30s used to seem so old but now that we're here, it's no biggie at all. I'm glad you had a great birthday dinner! I miss sushi BAD.

     
  • At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Did I miss this!!??!!? How!! Happy belated birthday wishes to one of my most fav knititng bloggers out there. Girlie girl you rock!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home