Stacy Knits

Ramblings about knitting and whatever else crosses my mind

Saturday, February 26, 2005

Gifts gifts gifts!

AAAAHHHH, I got an unexpected birthday gift! I hit the big 3-0 on Tuesday and today opened up my mail to a package from Juls.


The yarn is super soft Schachenmayr (yes I had to look at the band to spell that right) Solero in a lovely light green shade (about the color of mint chocolate chip ice cream), a pair of Addi Turbos (!!!!!!) for use with this yarn, a couple of patterns she printed off for possible projects, and some beauty product samples too: Fresh Soda shampoo and Pomegranite conditioner and DHC Mild Soap. I love the DHC soap samples for travel and have been wanting to try the Fresh Soda shampoo! What a nice surprise! I haven't been taking this turning 30 thing very well but a lot of things people have done for me have made it better!

In other gifty news, my friend Chris wanted a new scarf for a trip to NYC. I made one for her daughter of bright pink Bernat Fun Fur for Valentine's, and she liked it but wanted something more sophisticated. Enter Crystal Palace Splash in Mink. It has shades of cream, taupe, and dark silvery brown (it reminds me of a Stila eyeshadow trio I have oddly) I knit this scarf in just a few hours over a couple of evenings (cast on 15 stitches, garter stitch until yarn is almost gone, made for about a 6 foot long scarf).

I have to say that I'm not a fan of novelty yarns, for the most part, and I'm a pink and other bright colors kind of girl, not a fan of neutrals. However, I confess that I hated to let this one go (if she wouldn't have paid me for the yarn, I may not have :). It's really pretty, soft, shiny, and slinky. The picture doesn't do it justice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home