Stacy Knits

Ramblings about knitting and whatever else crosses my mind

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Fuzzy Feet

Crazy Aunt Purl has been talking up Fuzzy Feet for some time now, and it reminded me that I wore the pair I knit last year so much I wore a hole in them. I bought the yarn last weekend and made them this week. I didn't join the FuzzyFeetAlong because I'm the worst knit alonger in the history of knit alongs. I'll make one post to the Along, never to appear again, sometimes not even finishing (see: Socktoberfest). Anywho, I love this pattern, and my always cold feet love the finished slippers. I got my pair done in about 3 evenings of TV knitting.




Before felting









After felting (yes, my feet really are that small. You'd think I'd be able to finish a sock).





I like how Cascade 220 Quattro looks felted. I like how all the colors blend. It's a little more interesting than a single color but not stripey like Noro would be.

My Ruffles Scarf is also coming along really well. It's about 1/3 of the way done. I need to get busy since I want to wear it next weekend to the final football game of the season. It's going to be so cold. We're looking at temps in the 30's at gametime (which is the afternoon) and even colder during pre-game tailgating. The color of blue isn't really UK blue but it's close enough. It will clash with my Kentucky t-shirt but with a coat on, who will notice?



It's not as slow of a knit as I thought it would be but while I'm knitting, it seems like progress should go quicker. I guess that's scarf knitting for you. It's good, mindless knitting, and with the Bengals playing Indianapolis late this afternoon and Kentucky playing basketball on ESPN Monday and Tuesday nights, I should have plenty of sports watching time to work on it, not to mention our usual lazy Thanksgiving Day.




1 Comments:

  • At 12:16 PM, Blogger Bonnie O. said…

    Love your fuzzy feet! I've started a pair, too with some fun fur at the top.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home