Stacy Knits

Ramblings about knitting and whatever else crosses my mind

Saturday, October 01, 2005

We have progress!

I'm making great progress on my knitting gifties. I hope the recipients-to-be love them! Still can't post pictures but October is when they are to be gifted so it should be soon.

One of the gifts is almost entirely seed stitch. I hate doing seed stitch (or 1x1 rib), although I love the look of it. If I knit continental, it wouldn't be as bad but it's pretty clunky for a "thrower" like me. I just can't get the hang of continental. I should try to figure it out for these purposes, even if I never use it any other time. I've tried,and it just seems slower than my tried and true method. I still love doing cables though!

My week's knitting progress has to be directly related to the new season of all my favorite TV shows. I am so happy the Amazing Race, Survivor, and the Apprentice is back. The Amazing Race is my favorite show but I was prepared to hate this new family edition. Whadda ya know, I didn't mind it at all. I thought kids would ruin this show but there is only one team of kids in the show remaining. I think it may get old since I've heard that they don't go around the world like in other seasons, staying mostly in the US. Who knows, it may be fun to see what they can do in the US, although seeing new countries and customs is one of the reasons I love the show so much. My favorite are the Linzes. They are a lot of fun. Who dey!

E-mail I got this week:

Lexington, KY (AP) - A seven-year-old boy was at the center of a courtroom drama in Lexington yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him. The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents, and initially the judge awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulations requiring that family unity be maintained to the degree possible.

The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed his aunt beat him more than his parents and adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge then suggested he live with his grandparents, the boy cried out that they also beat him. After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him.

After two recesses to check legal references and confer with child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the University of Kentucky Wildcats football team whom the boy firmly believes is not capable of beating anyone.

I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry. I love my Cats, as bad as they may be. And at least the Countdown to Basketball season has begun on UKAthletics.com. We're looking forward to another great year to take our minds off football!

Thanks for the comments on the photo and our trip! Truly, I wasn't as impressed with Eugene as I thought I would be. The University of Oregon campus was beautiful but otherwise, it reminded me of any other city, just with mountains on either side of it. We did eat at a really good Thai restaurant. The atmosphere was kind of fun given the big game against #1 USC in town. My opinion may change if we'd spent more time there! From what I saw of Portland, it is gorgeous! What I saw involved driving on the interstate to the airport, but it was so pretty even in that short stretch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home