Stacy Knits

Ramblings about knitting and whatever else crosses my mind

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Gifties #1...

Posting at halftime of our first basketball game. Woohoo, the season has started!!!

Finally, I can post proof that I'm actually capable of finishing an item! These were gifts to my friend Kimm whose baby girl, Hannah, is scheduled to arrive Friday. I think the fact that I knitted something for her was a surprise!

All of these were done in Plymouth Dreambaby yarn...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This is the Anouk pattern from Knitty. I made a few changes. One of the biggest was that my gauge was different. I had planned to use the yarn called for in the pattern but after I put off ordering it, I decided to just get it from my LYS so I could shop immediately. Thus the supersoft Dreambaby yarn and smaller gauge. Another thing was after seeing a couple of these actually on babies in other blogs, I wasn't crazy about how in the pattern, the sides aren't seamed. There are 2 little tabs that hold it shut. I just thought it looked funny. So I seamed the sides and left out the tabs. That takes away the idea of it being a jumper now and a tunic in the future like she says in the pattern but I think this looks cuter.

I don't know why but this knit bored me to tears as I got closer to the end! It took me forever to finally finish it. And I don't like intarsia!

I had to do a matching hat and booties. BTW, the colors are most realistic in the jumper photo above than the other shots.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Like my UK football mug as a body double for a baby head? The hat is this pattern which is basically the same pattern as the SNB Umbilical Cord Baby Hat. This is really such a great pattern. You can do it plain or add the fair isle designs. It's so quick. It couldn't have taken more than a couple of hours. The booties are from the book Simple Knits for Cherished Babies. I borrowed this book from the library, and this is a nice bootie pattern. I prefer it to the chunky booties in SNB-Nation, and the time it takes to do them isn't too different (about 2 hours versus about 1). I'm not a huge fan of the book itself but mostly because I am turned off by baby books whose designs are cashmere and other unwashable yarns. The designs are otherwise classic but unexciting.

In spite of not liking intarsia, I liked doing fair isle! Add the Fairly Easy Fair Isle sweater from SNB-Nation to my ever growing list!

Back to the basketball game. Is this the face of the best point guard in the country or what? Go Cats!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:55 PM, Blogger goodkarma said…

    I have such a soft spot for Anouk. Have never knit that pattern, but it's just so darn cute. Sweet gifties!

     
  • At 11:02 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    Your little jumper is so so cute!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home