Stacy Knits

Ramblings about knitting and whatever else crosses my mind

Sunday, October 30, 2005

First place is...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I present to you, my very first running trophy! 1st place in my group***, baby!!! I was crazy for being up at 7 a.m. and out of the house in 31 degree weather but at least I came home with a trophy and it was for a good cause. I didn't even hear my name called. My Mom had to shove me forward to collect my trophy.

***Yes, my group only had 3 in it, and 2 of those were walkers. But who's counting?

It was one of those Saturdays that show that God has smiled down on Kentucky in October...Keeneland during the day (with the leaves changed and looking gorgeous) and football game at night. It was only 31 at 8 a.m. but fortunately warmed up just enough to be a nice day at the track, if you were in the sun. The boys were on some kind of win streak while betting and refused to move from their lucky spot. As it started to get more shaded as the afternoon moved on, we girls inched further and further away from them into the sun. I broke out my mini Koigu Clapotis for the football game. It gets prettier every time I look at it. It's not for really cold weather since it's tiny and thin but it's enough to keep my neck warm and looks great.

I think I need to go in business. I could make a fortune. The fashion accessory must have for every female Big Blue fan is apparently Kentucky blue Fun Fur-esque scarves. I noticed a ton of them last night. It's no secret that I'm not a fan of Fun Fur but by the end of the evening, I found myself wanting one. Peer pressure, ya know. Trendsetter Aura is so fun and sparkly, and they have a royal blue color that is close to UK blue. All the ladies at the game will be soooo jealous (except for the one with the big blue and white pom pom scarf. It was much cooler than anything I could dare produce).

There WILL be knitting pictures this week, I promise! I have produced something that will be a sort of completed item for the great Socktoberfest. If I would stop blogging and head off to watch the football game, I may actually get it done.
Off to watch the Bengals game and knit. Happy Halloween everyone!

Heather, thanks for your comment on Mariah. I think you are right, to do it in a smaller gauge will be easier. Don't be too jealous of the smallest size thing. I'm only 4'11, and sweater patterns can be a nuisance because I have to resize so many of them. Now to choose a yarn...

Lauren saves the day! I checked out the designer's website, and sure enough, there is a 33" size. Perfect! I was really hoping to do this sweater in a worsted weight yarn, in lieu of all the fine gauge things I've been doing lately. So now I can!

1 Comments:

  • At 3:33 PM, Blogger Lauren said…

    Congrats on the running trophy! The designer of Mariah wrote up a 33" size and posted it on her blog (jodigreen.ca)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home