Stacy Knits

Ramblings about knitting and whatever else crosses my mind

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Kentucky in the fall...

There is no better place to be in October than Kentucky. It's the fall meet at Keeneland, and even if you don't care about horse racing, it's so much fun. It's one of the most beautiful spots you'll ever find too. Last weekend was the opening weekend, and we didn't go out because the weather was bad. But this weekend was perfect Keeneland weather! Saturday, we got out there right before the 6th race, and while it was packed (see: perfect Keeneland weather), it wasn't too bad.

I saw Elizabethtown today. It's getting some bad reviews but I really liked it. Maybe it's because it's another one of those Kentucky things. While the movie was based on Elizabethtown, KY, most of it was actually filmed here in the Lexington area. It was fun to see the little Kentucky things that popped up in the movie.

I'm working on finishing up the gifts I've been working on! Hopefully they'll be ready by next weekend. I think the recipients are really going to love them because they're so cute. In the meantime, I signed up for Lolly's Soctoberfest. I got 2 skeins of Knitpicks Sock Landcapes and am working on a simple ribbed sock pattern with it.
















I also said I was going to do at least 10 rows a week on the Alphabet Baby Blanket. Here are the first 11 rows! I can't wait until it really begins to take shape. It's a fun knit so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home