Stacy Knits

Ramblings about knitting and whatever else crosses my mind

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

She did it...

And you thought I couldn't...

So it wasn't you guys with doubts, it was me! I knew I had the ability to knit a sock and even the patience but was starting to question if I had a sock mental block! But it's done, and the fit is near perfect. If you think I have issues resizing sweaters to fit my 4'11 self, you should see me pondering the fit of a sock to fit my size 5 foot. And I like socks to fit really snug. Most of the standard sock patterns call for casting on 64 at a gauge of 8 st/in. After measuring my foot, I decided to cast on 56. It worked very well. If I want a pair to come up a little higher on my calf, I'll definitely need to start with a few more stitches and decrease down. I've got little feet and big, bulky calves!

I finished this while watching basketball over the weekend. See...

I even cast on for Sock #2, avoiding second sock syndrome and you guys having to yell at me! Meet Sock @#2, watching my basketball love, Jay Bilas, on ESPN.
I don't think I'm going to have a problem finishing Sock #2! I can't wait to wear these. I always wear socks around the house, preferably soft, warm, wool socks, and these are gonna be great. I had trouble taking off Sock #1!

The Cats lost in the semis of the SEC tournament to South Carolina who was playing out of their minds this week. We ended up with a #8 seed in the brackets. I don't remember the last time we were seeded this low. We're usually a 1 or 2! That's how bad this season has been. Oh well, maybe they'll put together a miracle run. Gotta have hope.

5 Comments:

  • At 11:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yay!!! I still have to kitchener the toe on my practice sock and then I can bust out the Lorna's Laces that I have been saving for until I felt ready...

     
  • At 1:39 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    hurray for the finished sock! hope to see #2 soon.

    yeah, i was doing my picks today and was surprised to see kentucky in #8. sorry to say I only picked them to advance to the second round and no further. but you never know with these tournaments! we'll just have to see!

     
  • At 3:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Don't know much about basketball but I can say with authority that your sock is beauty!

     
  • At 10:40 PM, Blogger goodkarma said…

    You see? We knew you could do it! I'm glad you figured out the secret recipe for your teeny feet. That's my roadblock for all projects... how to make it fit. So you've tackled the biggest hurdle in my mind. And the sock looks great! Yay!

     
  • At 7:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yay Stacy! I love knitting socks!

    I bought some Vesper sock yarn and I think I'm going to make some Jaywalkers.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home