Stacy Knits

Ramblings about knitting and whatever else crosses my mind

Monday, September 26, 2005

She knits!

There is a nasty rumor flying around that I still remember how to knit. I must confess, it's true! I have picked the needles back up! I'm working on two fun projects right now. One has cables. I love me some cables!

I'm sure you'd LOVE to see the pics of these fabulous things that have drawn me out of my knitting slump but alas, they are gifts for people that may or may not read my blog. Just in case, I'd better not give details or post pictures. When they are done and the gifts are given, I'll brag proudly!

I worked on both projects on a trip to Eugene, Oregon this past weekend. I got a lot done in the airports and on the plane. My brother got married in a small, relatively casual ceremony, and in lieu of knitting pictures, here's my family from Saturday:



I'm exhausted after the trip! We flew out of Louisville at 6:30 Thursday evening and after a 1 hour delay in our layover, landed in Portland at 12:00 their time, 2 our time. It was 5 a.m. eastern time before we got in bed in our hotel in Eugene! We took the red eye back Saturday night, arriving back at my house at 12:30 Sunday afternoon. Then I had to make the 40 minute each way trip to get the dogs at the kennel and headed off to watch the Steelers-Patriots game on TV. It came on at 4. I finally got home after 9. It was a wild weekend!

I really need to get back to Apricot soon. The weather's going to cool down soon, and I can't wait to wear it!

3 Comments:

  • At 12:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 2:10 AM, Blogger goodkarma said…

    Ah, I love Eugene! Doesn't sound like you had much of a chance to see the town, but seeing your family is more important. Congrats to your brother! :)

     
  • At 1:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My hubby is from Eugene and I love it there. There is a great yarn store in the downtown area called Soft Fiber Horizons.

    What a great family wedding picture!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home