Stacy Knits

Ramblings about knitting and whatever else crosses my mind

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Backyard Leaves

Being a small town southern girl that spent almost every fall Friday evening from the age of 5 until graduation at my high school's football games, I must scream this from the rooftop of my blog.

RUSSELL HIGH SCHOOL, 2005 KENTUCKY STATE FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS!

The last time we won was 1978 when I hadn't even attended my first game yet! I could have sworn our coach was 100 years old because he was old when I was there over 10 years ago but in reality, it's just 67. Whatever his age, it's good for him to get another one of these things. And it took some sting off the horrid UK basketball loss earlier in the day.

I'm making some really good progress on Backyard Leaves. The pattern is a lot of fun to work on and now that I've gotten going, has been smooth sailing.. If you aren't familiar with it, it's knit in 2 pieces and seamed at the middle. It makes the leaves go the same direction on both sides. It's really a smart design by Annie Modesitt. I've done 7 repeats so far. The pattern says to do 11 per side. I'm not sure if I'll do that many. The pattern calls for almost 400 yards of yarn, and I only have 330. It's plenty for a scarf with some good length but I'll have to pay attention to make sure I don't run out before finishing end #2.

To demonstrate yet again how I cannot take pictures and have the color come out the same in any two, especially on a dreary Kentucky day, here are 2 pictures. The top picture is probably closer to accurate. Blocking will make a huge difference in the finished product.


I need to have this done by the 16th. I should be okay because it's moving quickly. I haven't done a bit on it this weekend but I've had a great weekend nonetheless. In spite of the terrible UK loss Saturday. :( Friday night, it was dinner and shopping with my Mom. Saturday, I went to a sports bar to watch the UK game. It was a miserable game but good company at least.

Saturday night, we went to dinner with a fellow exec in the BF's company and then the BF and I went to see Tim Wilson at Comedy Off Broadway. He's hilarious, and I'm not a big fan of redneck humor, usually. He was really good. After that, we went to a little karaoke place to watch a friend's first performance with his band, to benefit Toys for Tots. We had a blast!

You know, the less knitting I get done on the weekends probably means I've had a better weekend!

3 Comments:

  • At 9:34 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    BYL is definately a pretty fun knit. It moves right along and more importantly, you catch your mistakes right away! Looks like you did a great job, even with the blurry pics :)

     
  • At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Holy tamale! Those two pictures are the same scarf?!!?!

     
  • At 1:36 PM, Blogger goodkarma said…

    Oooh, that scarf is looking luscious. And congrats to your alma mater!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home