Stacy Knits

Ramblings about knitting and whatever else crosses my mind

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

A Belated Merry Christmas!

In the hustle and bustle of last week, I never did get around to posting to wish everyone a Merry Christmas/Happy Holiday! After a very late night at BF's company Christmas party Friday the 16th and having to drive back home for my cousin's Saturday wedding, I was pooped and had trouble recovering. I think I'm getting old. :) I even fell asleep late that night watching the tape of Kentucky clobbering Louisville in basketball. Can you believe it? Not only did someone schedule a wedding on this most sacred of days, I went to the wedding and only listened to it on the radio in the car driving there. I was too elated that we clobbered them to even complain too much!

I hope it was a good holiday all around. I had a very nice weekend, spent mostly at my parents' new house here, just outside of Lex. They just moved in last Friday. The house is beautiful, pretty much their dream house (within reason!), while being warm and cozy at the same time. We spent Christmas Eve with my Dad's parents and Christmas Day with my Mom's. The best present given: a treadmill from my parents to my Dad's parents. My grandpa had open heart surgery in August and went from being pretty active to not doing a thing. We hope this will get him moving again.

I got lots of wonderful things but most important, for this blog, were gift certificates to my LYS and one to WEBS! My LYS has their annual 20% off everything in the store sale starting tomorrow, and I will be there, armed with my g.c.! Ahhh, what to knit, what to knit?!?

Fortunately, I have some ideas! I got a g.c. from Barnes and Noble and finally splurged on the Vintage Style book I'd been wanting. It kills me to pay $25 for a book I may knit one or two things from but since the g.c. was the same price as the book, I figured it was time! First up will be either Salina, Elise, or Magnolia. It will probably be Salina or Elise but Magnolia looks like such a big, fluffy, cozy sweater.

Oh yeah, all that Christmas knitting. I only had 2 gifts that I HAD to have done by Christmas. One was Backyard Leaves for my work Secret Santa, and the other was a Crystal Palace Splash scarf for my cousin Amy. Both went over great! The work SS makes jewelry so I knew she would enjoy something handmade. My cousin LOVED her fluffy scarf. She told me that she had just told our grandmother on Christmas Eve that she had wanted me to do a scarf for her but had never followed up with me on it. Lucky I drew her name, right? Her 9 year old daughter, Brooke, grabbed the scarf and wore it around. She loved it! My Mom got her a kid's knitting machine kit so hopefully that will peak some interest. I don't see her that often but next time there is a family gathering, I'm going to take some stash yarn and needles and see if she wants to learn.

I didn't get a chance to take pics of either of these projects before they were given away. I can say that I LOVED Backyard Leaves and would love to make another for myself anytime!


2 Comments:

  • At 7:31 PM, Blogger goodkarma said…

    Sounds like a busy, fun Christmas, and I completely understand about the recovery time. Whew! Put your feet up and knit; you'll feel better. hee hee!

     
  • At 10:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OMG!!! I dream if buying Vintage Knits but never seem to. Next time I am in the States I am soooo picking it up. I can't wait to see the projects you make from this gorgeous book.

    Hope you get a chance to rest from your busy, busy holiday.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home