Stacy Knits

Ramblings about knitting and whatever else crosses my mind

Monday, January 02, 2006

2005 in Review

Stealing this from Lesley's blog...

Favorites of 2005

Favorite New Technique: I really hadn't done anything outside of knitting and purling until this year so I think I've made a lot of progress. I'll have to say cables though. I love making cables!

Favorite Finished Object: Simply Marilyn. I love this sweater and get so many compliments on it.

Favorite Knit Along: Lucky KAL. Lace on size 2 needles, and it was one case when I needed it!

Favorite Shop: I've only ordered yarn online once outside of eBay, and that was from Knitpicks.com so I'll go with that. I am very pleased with the quality and price of Shine and the sock yarn. Otherwise, it's my LYS.

Favorite Tool: My little makeup bag full of little supplies that is still missing. Before it going missing, my favorite would be my Addi Turbos. Working with Silky Wool on bamboo needles make me love Addis even more. I'm going to buy size 4's to make finishing Salina more comfy.

Projects Finished in 2005

Sweaters: 5
Tanks/Camis: 4
Scarves: 6
Hats: 3
Capelets: 2 (Why? I never wear them!)
Felted bags: 3
Slippers: 2
Baby/Kiddie stuff: 6
Other: 1 (yoga mat bag)


Goals for 2006

Really, very few. Knitting's nothing more than a stress relieving hobby for me. So my goal is to knit what I want to knit when I want to knit it! I really want to get better at finishing my sweaters. My seaming leaves a little to be desired at times. I do need to have the Alphabet Baby Blanket finished for my nephew's anticipated arrival in May! I don't have a lot of it done but the first blocks have taken shape. I'll post pictures sometime soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home