Stacy Knits

Ramblings about knitting and whatever else crosses my mind

Sunday, March 26, 2006

AWOL Knitter

Sorry to have disappeared for awhile! While you may assume that I've been lulled into a basketball induced stupor, that's only partially correct. I'm getting over a nasty stomach flu and speaking in words greater than two syllables has been beyond my capabilities for a few days now. I've curled up on my couch watching a whole lot of basketball though! The Sweet Sixteen was the most amazing Sweet Sixteen in memory. All of the close games and overtimes made it so exciting. I'm thrilled for LSU making it to the Final Four and hoping Florida does too. I always pull for fellow Southeastern Conference teams.

Unfortunately, my beloved Kentucky didn't pull it out against UConn. But I was so proud of the effort they gave. I figured we'd win our first round against UAB. We're Kentucky. We don't lose first round NCAA games (not since 1987 anyway). UConn was a different story. I thought we could be competitive against any of the other #1 seeds but didn't think we could stay on the court with UConn because of the matchup problems they presented us. The only team that can beat UConn is UConn, so they like to say. When we got down by 13 and since UConn was playing a good game, I thought it was going to get ugly.

Our guys fought back and made it close. We lost by 4 but if a couple of bad calls and rebounds had gone our way, I truly think we would have pulled it out. I was so proud!

I'm talking about basketball because there's not much knitting to report! I haven't felt like knitting and haven't done much. I've done a little on Sock #2. I'm almost to the armholes of Salina. I'll probably post a picture of the Baby Blanket soon. It's going to be so nice but pictures aren't going to capture it well at this point.

So hopefully soon I'll have progress to show off!


4 Comments:

  • At 4:46 PM, Blogger Lauren said…

    I'm sorry for the Cats, but LSU really has been fun to watch lately. And Tyrus T went to my high school! I am really hoping they can beat the Bruins.

     
  • At 2:00 AM, Blogger Melissa said…

    I couldn't even bring myself to watch the games! I did so bad in my pool this year it was unbelievable! Oh the shame!

     
  • At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 5:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Girl, I'm itchin' to see the baby blanket. You know I never knit one for Caleb but now that summer is rollin' around, I think he might be needing a nice big summer weight one. So now I've got blankies on the brain!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home