Stacy Knits

Ramblings about knitting and whatever else crosses my mind

Monday, February 28, 2005

Tempting is done

I like it but am not as in love with it as I'd hoped. That's not the fault of the pattern, it was my yarn choice. I used Lion Cotton-Ease rather than Debbie Bliss Cashmerino, mainly because I wanted it this to be something I would wear during the summer. Cotton-Ease is pretty nice but a little too heavy for this project, even though gauge was fine. It's not as form fitting as I'd hoped, and although it's not unflattering, it could be better. I thought it would be okay because of the acrylic blend but I think a wool or wool blend would work a lot better. I also wish I'd gone down a needle size with this yarn.

Call me crazy but I'm thinking about doing the same sweater, lengthening the sleeves, in Cashmerino. It was simple, ribbing can be dull, but overall, it was an enjoyable project! I love the look and would love to have one in a more fluffy, cozy yarn.

It is pretty big at the top, in spite of decreasing 24 whole stitches in the yoke. I have really small shoulders and many sweaters hang off of me so I knew I needed to make it smaller. It was still too big until I pulled the ribbon tight. I ended up with a light blue ribbon instead of Kentucky blue because it matches a skirt I can wear Tempting with.

And here she is. You'll be able to see that it's a little bulky and not form fitting. Why do I look so wide in photos too??? And you can kind of see through the sweater because of the flash, oops! And excuse the wild and crazy hair, I try to give it a break from the flat iron from time to time:




Pattern:
Knitty.com Tempting
Yarn: Lion Cotton-Ease in black, a little more than 2 skeins
Needles: Size 8, 29 inch circulars
Notes: I made the size small, a 32 chest size (I'm about a 32.5), and it was huge up top. I began decreasing at the edges of each sleeve by doing a K2tog. It wasn't hard to deal with the ribbing when decreasing, and you can only tell it's been doing if you look closely (and know what you are looking for! A non-knitter will never be able to tell!).



1 Comments:

  • At 7:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Stacy, your Parker does look like my Abby! Too cute. I loved your post about the torn up yarn...sure they look innocent but we know they aren't! haha! Love your projects too! P.S. Are you going to make the Pinup Queen? I think it is a great sweater...I just didn't do a great job at making it! ha!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home