Stacy Knits

Ramblings about knitting and whatever else crosses my mind

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Apricot is still alive...

She didn't get a whole lot closer to completion since the last post but I did manage to finish the back piece. I've been pretty tired in the evenings this week and haven't gotten much knitting done. I've been lucky to do 2-3 rows. Last night, my plans fell through so I stayed home and finished the back piece while watching National Treasure. Knitting amazingly increases my super short attention span so I can actually sit through a movie without zoning out, getting up to do something else, or dozing off. I'm not brave enough to take my knitting into a theater yet.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It's two steps forward, one step back. That little purled instead of knitted in the 1st pattern row of the left front was bothering me too much and below is the result. Now I get to figure out the pattern yet again! Whee! It shouldn't be too bad this time through. The front piece knit up sooo quickly.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

On the agenda today is to plant some flowers and a rosemary plant I got at the Farmer's Market yesterday, go for a 5-6 mile run, and spend the evening knitting to see if I can finish up that left front piece. I was all looking forward to knitting while watching the Pistons/Heat series Game 6 tonight but learned just a few minutes ago it was last night. Go Pistons! Hopefully I can get Apricot done in the next 2 weeks! I can't wait to wear her, especially after seeing Diana's completed sweater, done in the same yarn I'm using! I really love this piece, and the trials and tribulations of the pattern should be worth it in the end.




10 Comments:

  • At 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oooh! It looks amazing!
    *is jealous*
    Did you not get my e-mail? :( I was hoping that we would hook up. Since I didn't hear from you, I ended up not going to Lexington after all. Ah, well. Probably for the best, as I have NO MONEY (OMG- I sound like (insert mutual friend here)

    Did you like National Treasure? I love that movie.

    Ugh. Reading your blog so makes me want to learn how to knit, but i KNOW that it is beyond me.

     
  • At 5:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    BTW- your blog shows up on my flist now!!!

    http://kirixchi.livejournal.com/friends

     
  • At 5:34 PM, Blogger goodkarma said…

    Your Apricot progress makes me jealous. :) I went back to Lucky this week, and, as you know, that's a project that shows very little progress over time. Thankfully, one of us is getting something done with her free time! :)

     
  • At 6:33 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 6:51 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    You know, I'm really not sure I have the patience for knitting after reading your posts. I think I'd end up cussing so much that it wouldn't be too good for my health or my child's ears. ;)

     
  • At 9:32 PM, Blogger knittingnurse said…

    WOW!!!! I absolutely LOVE that. It is stunning and you will be even more stunning wearing it. My DH even said, "that is some really nice work". Believe me, that is a HUGE complement. Can't wait to see the finished piece.

    BTW, thanks for visiting my blog. It really isn't that "heavy" all the time. Just touched a chord in me.

    GREAT WORK!

     
  • At 9:42 AM, Blogger sarah said…

    Apricot's looking gorgeous! I never realized how many people are actually knitting this too...the errata are driving me nuts as well. I think I frogged the back 3x before I figured it out. Thanks for visiting my blog! I love MAC too, but I haven't bought from there in a while so I'll have to give it another try out. Oh darn...another trip to the mall, and of course will hit Sephora while there, maybe I'll make a new gloss find.

     
  • At 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am so glad to see that your perserverance is holding up. What a nightmarish project. I will definitely NOT be trying this one out. It does look amazing so far though. I can't wait to see it on you. Also, I am glad to see you keeping up with your workouts. Way to go girl!!!

     
  • At 12:47 PM, Blogger Lesley said…

    I can't wait to start Apricot! I ended up ordering some Cotton Fleece in the Lilac Haze color. Should be interesting. :) I should get it this week so I should be making some progress soon on it!

     
  • At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ooh, pink! I love it. I have heard that most European patterns can be a nightmare to decipher. I am working on a Rowan pattern myself and see a trip to the store soon to ask the ladies there for advice!

    Check out my blog, you've been tagged!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home