Stacy Knits

Ramblings about knitting and whatever else crosses my mind

Friday, May 27, 2005

A learning experience...

Things I have learned in my first two weeks of working out with my personal trainer (a.k.a. Killa)...


- Killa was on the US National Track team. I didn't ask what he did. Is midget tossing an Olympic event?
- Flintstones Vitamins taste as good as I had remembered. Must remember what Mom always said, "they are not candy."

- Must always have tinted lipbalm since Killa would make fun of me if I wore lipgloss and I'm never without color on my lips.
- I'm a clutz.
- Strike that last one, I already knew that. But it came to a head when I fell off the side of the treadmill, simply stepping onto it. Killa swore he's never seen anyone else do that. I've tripped on the flat carpet, gotten stuck on a machine, rolled off of the exercise ball, you name it, I've managed it. And on the leg press machine, no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to get the whole push the weight out while pulling up on the lever to catch the weight concept.
- Getting Killa to talk about his dog buys a few more seconds of rest in between sets.
- Just when I think I can't hurt anymore, I can.
- I sound like the lead horse at
Keeneland in a stakes race when I run on the treadmill. *clomp, clomp, clomp, clomp*
- 100m sprints when you're 8 are easy and fun. They aren't when you're 30.
- Spinning sucks***. Spinning after a 25 minute intense treadmill interval run and 25 minutes of lifting and core work really sucks. Spinning after a 25 minute intense treadmill interval run and 25 minutes of core training when Killa is all excited to show off his new spinning bikes, well, words cannot fully explain that suckage.
- A way to make planks on the exercise ball feel better. Do the plank the normal way. It hurts. Then have someone roll the ball away a couple of inches, without falling (you, not the person moving the ball). That hurts more. So when you go back to the normal way, it feels almost easy!


And most importantly, I have learned that my soft, non-athletic body is capable of a lot more than I have given it credit for and to push it to the max and to lift the weights I have and run the speeds I have as I have makes me pretty proud.Apricot Jacket update later. Oh boy do I have a lot to say about it.

***This refers to spinning in the riding on an exercise bike until your legs cannot move anymore, not spinning yarn. I have never spun yarn so it may very well be agonizing but given the number of people who blog about it, it seems to be a lovely thing

4 Comments:

  • At 1:41 PM, Blogger goodkarma said…

    Stop it Stacy, you're scaring me.


    :)

     
  • At 4:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You fell of the exercise ball......sheesh, I was in an abs class where I had to hold the ball between my ankles which were straight up in the air and then do crunches. Sadly, I lost control of my ball and it shot out from between my ankles and shins narrowly missing a fellow ab class attendee. Just an FYI for ya' since it sounds like you might do the same!

    Bonnie
    http://www.booglass.typepad.

     
  • At 10:43 PM, Blogger Lesley said…

    Oh! Have you ever tried Kiehl's lip stuff? I have a serious lipgloss addiction and it is my most favoritest lip gloss ever. I think they even make a tinted version!

    I think I'm being an 'enabler'....:) http://www.kiehls.com

     
  • At 12:01 PM, Blogger Stacy said…

    If I send the exercise ball flying, do you think I could aim it to hit the trainer and knock him out, thus allowing me to escape???

     

Post a Comment

<< Home