Stacy Knits

Ramblings about knitting and whatever else crosses my mind

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

I got Lucky in Kentucky

Here it is, the long awaited Lucky! The only thing left to be done is to sew in the ribbons on the inside. I need to get ribbon!

Edited to add better pic...
Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

Pattern: Lucky Lace Clover Wrap from Stitch and Bitch Nation. Designed by Melissa.
Yarn: Brown Sheep Cotton Fine in Prairie Lupine, 5 skeins plus a bit of a second.
Needles: Size 2 circulars (knit flat)
Changes to pattern: I made the 32 inch size but didn't do all the increases after the waist shaping. It would be 34" finished, and for something like this, I don't want that much ease. This ended up being about 33" finished, and it's fine. I don't like bell sleeves on me so I cast on 58 and increased to 76 stitches. I also ended up with 3/4 length sleeves by accident (silly measuring mistake!) but I like them. The pattern's sleeve length would be fine for me but others are having to lengthen them.
Notes: I followed the instructions from Winnie's blog on seaming it to get more of a V-neck. Mine's still on the boatneck side of things and a little too big in the back but that's fine and not the fault of the pattern. I just have really small shoulders!

Overall, this was a fun knit! The seaming and knitting the tie went slowly but it was worth it. I think this will be a sweater I wear a lot in the summer.

Caution, doggie content
I commented on Carrieoke's blog that her Bella looks like my Parker in the face. Here's a picture for her of my little badly in need of grooming Parkie-poo (and you thought "schmoo" was bad!)
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I can't leave out my Els-bells. Elly's in her sit up and beg position here. She can sit like this for hours.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I just started working out with a personal trainer, so my posts for the next few days are likely going to contain only cries of pain and immense whining. You've been warned! His theory on weight lifting is apparently to lift the heaviest weight you can possibly hold up and repeat until it hurts. When you walk in, and he looks at you and says, "you're gonna hurt tomorrow" and laughs, you know you are in for it.

10 Comments:

  • At 9:01 AM, Blogger Carrie said…

    Aw, the doggies are SO cute!! You're right, Parker and Bella really do look similar in the face.

    Your Lucky is beautiful!

     
  • At 9:06 AM, Blogger Carrie said…

    Aw, the doggies are SO cute!! You're right, Parker and Bella really do look similar in the face.

    Your Lucky is beautiful!

     
  • At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Stacy, I love it! It's gorgeous! Definitely worth the wait to see. I wish I could see it in person to see what a fab job you did on it all.

    And as usual, I love doggie pics!

     
  • At 2:18 PM, Blogger goodkarma said…

    Lucky looks fantastic! I love it. I love the color you chose and the fit is just right for you. Yay!

    On another note, I'm also planning to start seeing a trainer for strength training. I hope we don't get so sore that we can't knit! :)

     
  • At 12:28 PM, Blogger Lesley said…

    Gorgeous! Lucky has been on my to-knit list for so long. I really need to get going on it! :)

     
  • At 10:02 PM, Blogger yuvee said…

    Your Lucky is gorgeous!! And your "kids" are sooo...cute!

     
  • At 1:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OOh, perfect fit! Knitting AND doggie pics, the ultimate blog post!!!

     
  • At 9:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I am tempted to make Lucky now!

    I think I'll do it in black. Thanks for the inspiration!

     
  • At 12:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well done!
    [url=http://dfachdyf.com/bwhp/qspk.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://muajzsjn.com/tkhh/zsnq.html]Cool site[/url]

     
  • At 12:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great work!
    http://dfachdyf.com/bwhp/qspk.html | http://rsytxkvk.com/bxzk/ktre.html

     

Post a Comment

<< Home