Stacy Knits

Ramblings about knitting and whatever else crosses my mind

Friday, May 13, 2005

No one will believe it...

We have Lucky progress!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I finished the neckband and started seaming it. It's a long process but so far, so good!

I was browsing
Banana Republic and came across this sweater that I really like.


One of the side effects of learning to knit has been that anytime I see something handknit in a store, I think, "I could do that." Given the $70 sale price of this sweater, I started thinking. And swatching...
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I noticed the sweater's lace pattern looked a little like the lace pattern from the SNB-Nation Om Yoga Mat Bag that I made for my Mom. It's not exact but close enough.

Then I got to thinking that it could be really tough to do the armhole and waist shapings in this particular lace pattern. But it shouldn't be too bad. It's a 4 stitch repeat, and I'll just have to make sure I don't lose or add stitches in a row. It's a simple repeat once you get going.

The edgings are just ribbing, and I think I'd use a thin ribbon around the waist rather than a knit tie. It looks like the buttonbands are ribbed and then sewn on rather than stitches being picked up and ribbed from there. It has a little lace edging at the neckline, and I'm sure I could replicate that or leave it out. The overall shape looks like nothing more than a basic cardigan pattern.

I did the above swatch in some leftover Paton's Grace yarn. I like how it came out a lot so I may use that for the full thing. I haven't knit anything pink in awhile which bothers the pink lover in me but I'm seeing this in light blue. I kind of like the white one too.

Am I crazy?

4 Comments:

  • At 2:08 PM, Blogger goodkarma said…

    You are soooo not crazy; that is a great project idea! So pretty. I love that you're able to see something you like and use a stitch pattern from a different pattern, and create your own! :)

     
  • At 8:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ooh, good job on the swatch! I like it in the actual light aqua on the model!

     
  • At 12:22 AM, Blogger Carrie said…

    not crazy, just creative and BRAVE! your sweater looks awesome!

     
  • At 8:41 PM, Blogger knittingnurse said…

    That ws so cool of you to swatch. Did you ever make it????

     

Post a Comment

<< Home