Stacy Knits

Ramblings about knitting and whatever else crosses my mind

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Extreme Makeover!

Getting tired of the "needs grooming badly" disclaimer in front of all of Parker's pictures and kind of feeling sorry for the wooly mammoth now that it's getting hot, I dragged the boy off to the groomer.

Parker before:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Parker after:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Don't hate me because I'm beautiful.

He looks 10 years younger.

Such a sweet guy! Cairn grooming can be such a nuisance. I don't like them clipped, I like them handstripped which is the traditional way to groom a Cairn. It involves pulling their dead hairs out. I hate doing it myself. Parker turns into rabid dog when I do. Not many groomers do it but I'm lucky that one in town does, and they do a great job too. He pulled him down to his undercoat, which makes all the tiger-like stripes. He's bright copper under there! His outer coat, when it grows back in, is dark.

Apricot's left front is STILL unfinished! I've been so exhausted in the evenings that I'm getting next to no knitting (or blogging and reading blogs!) done. I'm hoping I can get more done this weekend.

I think I'm exhausted because I'm working my butt off at the gym! I ran 6 1/2 miles Sunday night and could barely move my legs by the end of the day Monday. Not because they were sore but because they were so tired! I've been roped into kickboxing class tomorrow. I like this teacher, he walks around the room and lets you kick and punch him. Now that's fun! I'm going to take the plunge and run my first race, a 10K on the 4th of July!!!


I've been tagged by Juls but haven't had a chance to respond. Will do that tomorrow, I promise!


3 Comments:

  • At 11:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    awww, look at the handsome guy! My boss has two wire hired daschunds (essentially part terrier) and they too get hand stripped. Parkie looks great, and much cooler!

     
  • At 4:18 PM, Blogger sarah said…

    Precious puppy! I love when puppies are clipped like that for summer, they look so funny and skinny. Our dog is a giant Greater Swiss Mountain dog and even he looks skinny with a clip.

    Your apricot looks fab, keep up the good work! Mine's in about the same place too, the back just keeps going on and on and on and on....

     
  • At 10:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Handsome boy!!!! Perhaps he'd be interested in a long distance relationship with my Koshka. She needs a bf. ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home