Stacy Knits

Ramblings about knitting and whatever else crosses my mind

Friday, June 10, 2005

Patience, my dear

Liss commented below about how she doesn't think she has the patience to knit. I thought I'd let the knitters respond! I'm definitely not known for my patience, and I get frustrated really easily when things aren't going my way. Learning was tough and sometimes even now, learning a new technique can be trying but I love to knit! It's so relaxing 99% of the time. I had a conversation with my LYS owner awhile back about Lucky (tiny yarn, tiny needles), and she told me to enjoy the process. Every knitter ends up falling into a groove about what they like to knit and what they don't like, yarns they like, needles they don't like, etc. I personally love knitting sweaters with thinner yarns on smaller needles. Others do nothing but quicker, bulky knits that they can finish off in mere days or hours. Instant gratification isn't a big deal for me, others need it. We just all knit what makes us feel good. Even in having to tear out hours of work on my Apricot Jacket, I've loved working on it, and it's so relaxing. So girl, get out that Knitting for Dummies book you got for Christmas and learn! It's a great stress reliever.

I've been tagged by Juls! (my first ever tag!)

Choose five things from the list below and complete the sentence.

If I could be a scientist, I'd invent a superduper basketball shoe that would let the player jump 6 feet in the air and give them perfect form on their shot everytime, from inside the 3 point line or out. I'd hold an exclusive patent, and ONLY the Kentucky basketball team would be able to wear them.

If I could be a farmer, my farm would be a huge horse farm in Lexington with acres of hills and miles of white fences.

If I could be a psychologist, I wouldn't even know where to begin. So many psychoanalysis, so little time.

If I could be a librarian

If I could be a professor

If I could be a writer, my books would be a wildly popular and very funny knockoff of Janet Evanovich's, only my Stephanie Plum would be a short blonde lawyer from Kentucky.

If I could be a llama-rider

If I could be a bonnie pirate

If I could be an astronaut

If I could be a world famous blogger

If I could be a justice on any one court in the world

If I could be married to any current famous political figure

If I could be an innkeeper, my office would be a cabana on the beach in front of my beachfront inn. And I'd hire a world class chocolate chef.

I think this one's been around! I'm cheating and tagging anyone who hasn't done it.I'm lazy. But you know who you are!

2 Comments:

  • At 1:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am tagging you, again! This one's a Book Meme. Just head on over to my blog, cut and paste.

     
  • At 2:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just wanted to let you know that there is a new batch of that Vesper sock yarn each week. It sells out super quickly though. I am so in love with it, I must say...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home