Stacy Knits

Ramblings about knitting and whatever else crosses my mind

Sunday, June 19, 2005

She still knits!

In spite of the lack of actual knitting content over the past couple of weeks, I still knit. Some. I finished the Apricot left front and started one of the sleeves. Remember, I ripped out the left front a couple of weeks ago, down to the ribbing, because I purled instead of knitted and it was driving me crazy! It was much easier the second time around. Here she is (obviously not blocked yet):
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Since the carpet is about the best background I have, sometimes I end up with funny things in my pictures. See Parker above. He laid right down by it but refused to look at me until I said "carrot." The boy loves carrots. I'm a cruel Momma. I taunted him and never did get him a carrot.

The biggest reason for the lack of knitting is because of working out so hard! I'm doing really well with it but by the time I get home from the gym in the evenings and eat dinner, I just want to lay on the couch and not move!

Which brings me to another issue, thanks for all the nice comments in my blog. I'm a little behind in visiting and commenting but will get around to that this week (just don't make any new posts and make it easier for me, okay? :).

Birdie Rescue

This morning, I glanced outside and saw a little baby bird laying on my driveway, as still as could be. A kid walked by and when he noticed it not moving (but alive and well), he tried to see if it was okay. That's when I went out to check on the poor thing. It let me get right up to it before walking away and flapping its wings some. It appeared that nothing was broken so I called the Humane Society to see what to do. They told me that as long as Momma bird was still around, Baby would be fine, that Momma would still watch over him. I was warned not to touch him though. I managed to chase the little guy away from the driveway and sidewalk. He ended up in my neighbor's bushes later on, a good thing because they are headed on vacation. I came home from a run and saw him on the driveway yet again but he disappeared soon after. Earlier this evening, he was hanging out in the yard, watching Momma bird and friend do whatever Momma birds and friends do. I hope the little guy will be okay! He's a cutie.

I've been out talking to him a couple of times today. The neighbors now think I've officially lost it.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:15 AM, Blogger goodkarma said…

    Well, at least you're making some progress on your projects! Some of us (me) have barely knit all week. Aprikot looks so pretty and delicate in that shade.

    Parker is a real cutie and I can't believe he likes carrots. That's funny! One of my cats loves fruit, but carrots? :)

     
  • At 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am glad ot know that you are doing well, my dear. Parkie is so cute I wanna pinch him (in a nice way). I have the same issue w/ my Frisco. He's always trying to "investigate" whatever it is I am going to take a picture of, on the floor or not. He's so nosy...

    Apricot is looking good and I can't wait to see her in all over her glory (btw, why do I always refer to knitted projects as a female?)!!

     
  • At 6:02 PM, Blogger sarah said…

    Your apricot is looking fab! No worries, I yanked mine out so many times...grumble grumble. But I'm seaming away right now! It does come to an end sooner or later. Just a tip, I had to make the extensions off the front quite a bit longer than the 8cm they suggested, you may want to measure the back before you cast off on the fronts.

     
  • At 6:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just wanted to let you know that Knit Pixie has Vesper sock yarn again. Not in the Aqua Melon that I got, but still come cute colors. Stripes amazingly!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home