Stacy Knits

Ramblings about knitting and whatever else crosses my mind

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Jinx!

Don't get too close to me, you may need surgery. My grandpa, the guy, and my little dog Parker all have had or have to have surgery this week. What a week! Papaw and the guy are doing well, and hopefully Parker will be doing well Friday when he goes in. The poor kid has to have a little lump removed from his chest. Here's hoping it's not anything more than a cyst!

Still no knitting. So lookie here, I'll show off the first thing I ever knit. It was almost 2 years ago when I bought Stitch and Bitch and finally figured this whole knitting thing out! I'd tried before but never caught on until this book.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This pattern was in Real Simple magazine a couple of years ago. I knew nothing about yarn substitutions or gauge swatches so lucked out when I found the Tahki Baby yarn this called for. Most people start with Red Heart, I started with $30 of expensive yarn! Most people start with a garter stitch scarf. Me, a ribbed hat. I am either very brave or very stupid! I still love this hat, even though the top ribbing is way screwed up! The yarn is so soft.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 12:39 AM, Blogger goodkarma said…

    Aw, best wishes to all the guys in your life. And hey, I like your hat! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home