Stacy Knits

Ramblings about knitting and whatever else crosses my mind

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Gift Giving Props

I made a SNB Velez Loopy Cowl for my co-worker, Donna. She was out when I went by her office the other day so I left it on her desk. I headed across the street for Starbucks and by the time I got back, there was a message to call her. Before I had a chance, my phone rang, and it was her. She went crazy over it! I was almost embarassed about how many times she thanked me. Doesn't that make you feel good? Some people really appreciate nice hand knit gifts. She wanted to pay me for it but I won't let her. I told her that I already had the yarn, and as you guys all know, we couldn't ask a reasonable amount of money to reimburse us for the time we put in on the things we make!!! So knowing that people enjoy them and the process of making things is payment enough.

I didn't get a picture of the one I gave her but here's a pic of one I made for myself last year.

Pattern: Velez Loopy Cowl from Stitch N Bitch
Yarn: Lion Wool-Ease in a sparkly white (much less than 2 skeins, probably around 250 yards)
Needles: Size 6, 16" circulars
Changes to pattern: I used the smaller needles to try to make it fit a little more snug. In the end, if I did another, I'd cast on fewer stitches. My gauge was spot on. On my first one, I made it according to the pattern. You do a row of loop stitches and 4 rows of stockinette then repeat. The loops looked kind of sickly. For this, I only did 2 rows of stockinette in between loops, and it looks better.

The recipient loves it, and that's what matters most!

Up next, an update on Salina. I love this sweater and love this yarn!



3 Comments:

  • At 4:56 PM, Blogger goodkarma said…

    Aw, I love that your friend was so grateful. What a good feeling! Yes, more notes about Salina, please. :)

     
  • At 11:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So cute.

    Salina...drooling in anticipation.

     
  • At 10:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ooooooooh! I have such a weakness for the shimmery and the sparkly.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home