Stacy Knits

Ramblings about knitting and whatever else crosses my mind

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Pretty, Pretty Salina

Finally, I am gonna talk about my lovely Salina. In all this yarn stashing and Knitting Olympics excitement, she's kind of been put on the back burner (on my blog, not in my heart, of course). I got the back done pretty quickly and decided to move onto a sleeve next. For some reason, sleeves kill me. Maybe it's because I FEEL like they should take no time compared to backs and fronts. Soooo not true but mentally, I get so tired of them. I thought I'd try to get at least one of them done before moving onto the front. The front's always my favorite part of a sweater. All the shaping that goes into it entertains me or something. But the sleeves...I hate them!

I've stalled a little bit on Salina, trying to finish up a couple of smaller projects and because I HAD to start my new ruffled Soft Kid Cardi. I told you I wouldn't be able to resist at least casting on or doing an entire front in that wonderful yarn! And because of some medical issues, it appears that my lil nephew may arrive sooner than his expected May debut so I dragged the baby blanket out and worked on it some too.

But here we go, the back:


I went ahead and blocked it. For some reason, I can't resist getting that out of the way as I get done with each piece. Plus, it lets me mess with measurements and making sure that the yarn doesn't do any funny things (I did actually wash the swatch, just in case it decided to!). I had a momentary terror when it was hugely wide when I first laid it out (I like to soak the pieces, blot the water out as much as possible, and spread them on a bed to dry). But it dried back down to the intended measurements.

After laying it out, I started to fear that I'd made it a little too long. I'm short and used the same length of the pattern. So I pulled out a sweater whose length I think is good for this pattern and measured it. Perfect!




Had tickets to the Cats game versus South Carolina today. We've been slumping but had a solid win Tuesday and the offense looked good today, even though our usually great defense looked suspect at points. 9 seconds left, down by 1, we have the ball. Now, what you want is my imaginary boyfriend, Rajon Rondo, taking the ball and driving into the lane for an easy layup or foul. What you don't want is Rondo fumbling the ball around with no other options as time expires except to shoot the three. He's one of the best point guards in the country but not a good shooter. He'd already airballed a couple of wide open threes early in the game.

Well, we got the latter, the nightmarish off balance three. And it went in! The Arena went CRAZY! It was awesome! I love my Cats! And I really love Rajon Rondo.


I just got a hard slap on the leg from an Elly dog. It's 30 minutes past dinnertime, and she does not like her dinner to be late. She's also not shy about letting you know it. Funny girl!

3 Comments:

  • At 2:23 PM, Blogger goodkarma said…

    Oh, Salina looks so pretty! Are you using the Felted Tweed? I forgot. I just got my copy of Vintage Knits and am dreaming of the day when I'm not pregnant and can, once again, imagine what size my body really is, for I, too, want a Salina! :)

     
  • At 8:42 PM, Blogger Stacy said…

    Karma, I'm using Elsbeth Lavold Silky Wool. At first I wished I had bought the Rowan Felted Tweed because the price is about the same but I had a g.c. at my LYS that doesn't sell Rowan and now, love how the Silky Wool looks and feels for this project!

     
  • At 1:59 PM, Blogger Jade said…

    I love the color of the yarn you use. Can't wait to see your version of Salina!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home