Stacy Knits

Ramblings about knitting and whatever else crosses my mind

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

The Day is Here!

Ahhh, in a couple of minutes, Randolph Morris will be back! My basketball loving heart has been breaking this season with the Cats' poor season so far (except for a big win over wayyy overrated Louisville) so our potential All-American returning from the half season NCAA suspension has me pretty excited. And if this Wisconsin-Minnesota game on ESPN now goes into overtime, I'm going to flip!

I need help. I want to order Blue Sky Alpacas Cotton and can't decide on the color. I've only seen it in person once and didn't pay much attention to which colors I liked most (I was too busy feeling it up!). I want to make the Snap Cardi (probably with a zipper or buttons or hidden snaps. I'm not crazy about the snap tape). So please, help me pick! Here's another view of the colors. My choices are Aloe, Honeydew, Lotus, or Thistle. Blonde hair, blue eyes, I look really good in light blues and pinks and bright colors. I'm leaning toward Honeydew. It's so pretty and very different than anything I've ever worn before. I'm wondering how pale it really is because if it's too pale and too yellowy, I would look really bad in it. I like Aloe a lot too. It looks a little brighter and more blue (a fo from another blog). I have another pink cardi I made so Lotus is probably out but I'm a sucker for pink. And Thistle is nice too. Decisions, decisions!

4 Comments:

  • At 10:16 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    my vote is for the thistle or aloe. the aloe seems a little on the bright side in the photos - but we all know how deceiving this can be!

     
  • At 1:46 AM, Blogger goodkarma said…

    That's such a tough choice. I think I would go with aloe or thistle, too. But the colors look so different on each of the sites you listed! The worst thing that could happen is you could order the yarn and send it back for a different color.

    I've had my eye on that pattern, actually. It's so simple yet gorgeous at the same time. Have you seen the actual instructions/schematic? I wonder if it has waist shaping. Gotta have shaping. Finally, I agree that it would look better with regular snaps than with snap tape. Love the big wide collar. Oooooh, I'm excited to see you work on this!

     
  • At 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ooo, I think you should go with the thistle. You and my mom have the same complexion (blue eyes and blonde) and she looks great in that color.

     
  • At 4:26 PM, Blogger Stacy said…

    Okay, it's down to Thistle and Aloe. I'm leaning toward Aloe because I don't have anything else like that in my closet. Then again, I only have one thing similar to Thistle. Hmmm...

    Karma, I haven't ordered the pattern yet. It looks like it has some subtle shaping. If it doesn't, I'd add it in. I'm already going to have to size it down some because the smallest size is too big.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home