Stacy Knits

Ramblings about knitting and whatever else crosses my mind

Friday, February 10, 2006

Craziness

Y'all, to paraphrase my Mamaw, I might could be crazy. For non-Eastern Kentuckians, my Mamaw is my grandma and might could be crazy means that I quite possibly am out of my mind. I started experiencing a few pre-Olympic jitters. I haven't finished Salina, I haven't finished the baby cardi (but there's not a lot of hours left to finish that one). And if I make my Olympic cardi, there's no way I'll get to the project in my stash I want to wear most, the Ruffly Cardi from Rebecca #30, by the end of winter. Don't get me wrong, I love the Blue Sky cardi but since it's cotton, I can wear it well into May and even on cooler summer days in an air conditioned office. A mohair cardi is probably going to be put up sometime in March. I really, really want to wear it this winter. Like, really bad. And with the weekend snowstorm we have coming in (translation: 2 inches predicted), I would love to settle in knitting a nice fluffy mohair sweater.

A lesser person would declare her Olympic dreams over, with the games commencing mere minutes from now. I, however, will do no such thing. My Olympic project will be the Rebecca Ruffly Cardi. That piece I knit already, nah, that wasn't the left front of the cardi. Nope, that was a big, funny shaped swatch.

Obviously, I am not above cheating.

If I HAVE to, to preserve the integrity of the games and to prevent myself from being ostracized from blogland entirely, I'll reknit the first piece.


At the end.

Once I know that I will get done by the closing ceremonies.

In all seriousness, this project is probably a bigger challenge, even with completed left front, and I'll call that well within the spirit of the games. It's a Rebecca pattern. It's at a smaller gauge and thus is going to take much longer. Finishing is bound to be annoying. Did I mention the final ruffly bindoff of about 600 stitches? It's not like a project I've been working on for a couple of weeks already. I did one piece, put it down, and haven't touched it since (that's a lie, I like to fondle it)

So off we go...well, later today anyway. I'm not one of those that took a day off work for this monumental event. Not that I didn't consider it though. :)

4 Comments:

  • At 2:16 PM, Blogger Heather said…

    Couldn't you just say that was your warm up?

     
  • At 2:18 PM, Blogger Stacy said…

    Warm up. I like it. I wouldn't want to get injured, would I?

     
  • At 5:09 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    I'm sure no one will mind the switch - especially with it being a Rebecca pattern. That has to count for something!

     
  • At 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Chin up Olympian!!! You can do it. I myself am way behind too and as much as I want to do my Knititng olympics project, I refuse to work on it until I finish what I currently have on the needles.

    So my sad little one person team may bite the dust.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home