Stacy Knits

Ramblings about knitting and whatever else crosses my mind

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Randomness


Found at Karma's Blog. You can get your own here.


Showing off...



My friend's baby modeling the Anouk I made. An irresistable combo, right? This really is an adorable pattern. I made the booties too! It's really neat to wear your own knits. But it's even cooler to see someone else using something you've made for them!


Oh, no, not another project!


Smart, real smart!!! The Olympics are coming fast, I want to get Salina done before then, and what do I do? Cast on for something else, of course!!! It's really not that big of a project. I mentioned recently that it appears my baby nephew will make his grand debut earlier than anticipated. The Alphabet Baby Blanket is gorgeous but there's no way it will be done before he's born, unless I drop all other projects to finish it. The shower is at the end of February, and I'd like to send a handknit something. So I picked up a skein of very inexpensive (but soft!) Bernat baby yarn and cast on. I'm kind of combining patterns and making a couple of my own changes to get what I want. And what I want is very simple, a little hooded cardi, in a teeny tiny newborn size, and I'll do a lil hat to match. My thinking on this is that it will work if the baby is preemie or born closer to its due date. I'll save the fancier stuff for once the kid is born, we know his size, and he'll get some use out of it!

This shouldn't tax me too much even with the Olympics starting next week! Salina before then, however is a pretty lofty goal. Since I didn't get much done this weekend. But of course, the less knitting I do on weekends, the better weekend I've probably had!

3 Comments:

  • At 6:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ooh, there is a cute hoodie in the Yarn Girls Guide to Children's Knits that would probably fit the bill!

     
  • At 9:36 PM, Blogger goodkarma said…

    Your word cloud turned out great but I like baby in Anouk even more! :)

     
  • At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    How adorable!!!!! And what a cutie. I wonder if it would look as cute on a 33 year old woman? Don't worry, I mean the booties too. I am so silly as to forget the booties which basically make the outfit.

    What yarn did you use?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home