Stacy Knits

Ramblings about knitting and whatever else crosses my mind

Friday, March 18, 2005

Doggie AWWWWW!

Watching the interaction between my two dogs is so sweet. They are the best of friends. Elly is 8, Parker is 6. She's the boss, he's the follower. Wednesday, I took Parker out on a run with me (Elly doesn't care to run, she prefers to sniff everything and socialize with the neighbors). While we were out, my Mom got Elly and took her for a walk. A few minutes later, I saw my Mom and Elly at the end of the block. The dogs hadn't seen each other yet. As we got closer and they spotted one other, both dogs' ears perked up and they dragged us toward each other. It was so cute to see how excited each was to see the other.

In knitting news, I finished most of the Summer in the City Tank from Yarn Girls' Guide to Simple Knits. It looks pretty good but it still needs some finishing. I still need to crochet around one edge and have a bunch of ends to weave in (yuck!). I didn't like the dinky chain stitched straps (and I *have* to wear a bra, no getting around that) so I crocheted up to that point, picked up 3 stitches to add to the loop on the crochet hook and knitted a stockinette strap, joined with a 3 needle bind off at the top. It's taken me some time to figure out the right length for the strap but I think I've got it.

For the sizing, I ended up doing it on circulars with the small size but not subtracting the seam allowance stitches which adds about an inch total to the chest size. Trying it on, I wish I had just made the smaller size. It's pretty stretchy. I also wish I'd done a few rows of ribbing or garter stitch at the bottom. I'm not so sure the crochet around the bottom is going to entirely remove how the stockinette rolls up.

Thanks for all the comments you guys have left. I will get around to responding later tonight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home