Stacy Knits

Ramblings about knitting and whatever else crosses my mind

Saturday, March 05, 2005

So tough!

The hardest thing in knitting has to be ripping out something you've made, even if it doesn't fit. I made a beret for my grandmother using this Pattern Generator, and it came out huge. Hi, if you're reading, Mamaw! My gauge was on, and my measurements were correct so who knows what happened? It didn't take long to knit so I don't feel bad about frogging it and I would like to get it to her so she can wear it a time or two during March. I found this pattern which I think will work better since I can double up my yarn for a quicker knit. But I still can't seem to frog it. Maybe tomorrow.

I've finished the back of my Dreamy Turtleneck. The other sweaters I've done have been with worsted or bulky yarn so knitting this with DK yarn on size 5 needles seems like it's taken forever. In reality, it was only a week of working on it every evening. It probably would have taken longer if I'd knit it flat. The pattern calls for worsted on size 7's but with the close fitting shape, I really like how the DK is working up. I love the shape of the pattern. I'm concerned about getting the adapted sleevecap to fit into the armholes but so far, it's been smooth. I measured it, and the measurements are exactly what I wanted.

I learned a new technique! I heard that short row shaping instead of binding off at the shoulders will reduce bulk so I set out to figure it out. It was really simple. Now the stitches are on holders, waiting for the 3-needle bind off.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:36 PM, Blogger Julia said…

    ooh! love it! That silky wool is so gorgeous. You'll have to teach me all about the short row at the shoulders.

    -Juls
    valleygrrl.typepad.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home