Stacy Knits

Ramblings about knitting and whatever else crosses my mind

Monday, March 14, 2005

I'm Feelin' "Lucky"

I got this desire to start the Lucky Wrap Sweater from SNB-Nation which is a bit scary because it's lace with fingering weight yarn on tiny needles. I ordered the yarn, Brown Sheep Cotton Fine, in the shade Prairie Lupine, a medium violet color. I got it Saturday and got to work almost immediately.

Note: do NOT swatch for this during a close basketball game. I had to rip my swatch several times after getting distracted and at one point near the end, I said, "forget it, it won't affect my gauge." Obviously I can't do that with the sweater!

This is gonna be interesting! It's by far the most complicated project I've done, with the lace and needle size. I joined the
Lucky Knit Along to keep me motivated to work on it. I don't expect to get this one done before the summer but it is moving more quickly than I thought it would. I've got about 3 inches done. I've resigned myself to having to rip out rows from time to time but as I got a bit further in, it's been easier to read the lace pattern. So perhaps my frustration will be lessened as I go along! I've managed to figure out and get through how to decrease in the lace pattern so I've won one battle in the war.

My swatch (it was hard to get a good picture)

1 Comments:

  • At 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good luck. You are a brave knitter! After capelet, though I did learn it (3rd time was the charm!!!) I gained a healthy fear of lace knitting!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home