Stacy Knits

Ramblings about knitting and whatever else crosses my mind

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

SNB Felted Marsupial Tote FO

I finished my SNB Felted Marsupial Tote this weekend. Told ya I would get a lot done during March Madness. I love all the bright colors of the completed ones I've seen and usually am a bright colors fan but wanted this one to be something I could carry with just about everything I wear. I did add a small stripe of purple to get some color in there.

This was a really quick, fun knit! I think I'm going to adapt all my felted bag patterns for bigger needles and doubled yarn! I used size 13 needles since I didn't have 15 as the pattern calls for and really didn't want to buy new ones. I used Cascade 220. The yarn requirements are WAY off in the book. I used way less than 2 skeins of dark gray and about a half skein of black. If you used Brown Sheep Worsted as called for in the book, you'd easily be able to do it in 2 skeins of the main color, 1 skein of the contrasting color.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

2 Comments:

  • At 1:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cute! You were so restrained with the purple. Good girl :) I know I would've gone hog wild with that...thereby destroying the "subtle" contrast effect. Bad Dog.

     
  • At 8:27 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    Stacy, love it - it looks great! How big is it? I still need to buy some needles and yarn to get started.

    - Liss

     

Post a Comment

<< Home