Stacy Knits

Ramblings about knitting and whatever else crosses my mind

Sunday, March 20, 2005

Yarn Girls' Guide Summer in the City Tank FO

I'm glad this is done even though it won't get much wear until summer. This tank is just one of those patterns that spoke to me. The recommended yarn wasn't available but Crystal Palace Waikiki was a suggested replacement on the Yarn Girls'website. I'm so glad I used it. I love Waikiki so much I'm tempted to get more of it for this summer top!

Overall, it's a really simple pattern to work up. I ended up knitting straps with 4 stitches and doing a thin crochet edge of only Waikiki around them and the neckline. Waikiki looks great crocheted too. I used size 8 needles, Paton's Grace in Champagne, and Waikiki in #2889 (shades of champage, cream, mauve, lime green, and violet).

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I decided when I blocked it to lay something down over the rolling edges to see if it could hold them down a bit. I finally found a use for some of those old books from law school! Juls and any other lawyers will get a kick out of this. The UCC book even has tabs still in it from my last final.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home