Stacy Knits

Ramblings about knitting and whatever else crosses my mind

Monday, April 18, 2005

Finally finishing some things

I guess the biggest problem with doing something that takes as long as Lucky is that I haven't finished much lately. I'm usually one that has a few projects going but finishes quickly. I'm too obsessive compulsive not to get them done. This weekend, I managed to finish up a couple of things, when I should have been out doing yard work. Sorry neighbors. Here's my Mom's Om Yoga Mat Bag from Stitch and Bitch Nation...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I was excited when she said she was taking a yoga class, and she bought a mat without a bag. I had to make one. It's pretty pathetic that I was considering taking up yoga myself, just to be able to knit this cute project! It was really a simple lace pattern, and although I cast on for it about a week and a half ago, it didn't take long at all to make. I barely worked on it in the meantime. It probably would have taken 3 evenings of TV knitting to get it done. I rushed on it yesterday evening so she could take it to her class tonight. I used the pattern's called for Lion Cotton and used less than 1 skein, even though the pattern calls for 2.

I also finally finished up my pink cotton bucket hat. I didn't snap a picture of me wearing it last night. I was sporting my lovely post-run, no makeup, nasty hair look, and I don't think anyone really wants to see that. I'll take a picture this evening! It's cute.

Now back to the Honeymoon Cami. I'm hoping I can get this done by the weekend. It moves so quickly. I'll probably cast on for Lucky's sleeves sometime this week too.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I *heart* that yoga bag! I tried to start it a few weeks ago, but I suck at yarn overs. I gotta get some help with 'em.

    Can't wait to see your cute hat too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home