Stacy Knits

Ramblings about knitting and whatever else crosses my mind

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

The Sun Does Funny Things to Me

I was sitting at a Lexington Legends baseball game Sunday, in the nice warm sun, when it hit me. I NEED a Honeymoon Cami. I've admired this pattern but have never really thought to make it. After looking through the designer's Honeymoon photo gallery, I knew I needed it. Off to my LYS to buy yarn. I was planning to use Tahki Cotton Classic but ended up with Berroco Cotton Twist in a great turquoise color. I love how soft and shiny it is. I figure I need a nice quick fix after working on Lucky for so long. It's a little darker than in this photo but isn't it pretty?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I also realized at that same baseball game that I really need to get working on the pink cotton bucket hat I want for summer and cast on for that. I love how this pattern comes out but it's such a pain, having to do garter stitch in the round using size 3 needles for cotton!

I did a bit of shopping over the last couple of days. I got a new pair of running shoes, Mizuno Wave Precisions. My Dad, a better runner than I ever dream of being, is a recent Mizuno convert so I gave up my previously beloved Nike Air Pegasus to try these. I haven't run in them yet but they are so comfy! They fit really well. The guy at the running shop told me that Mizunos tend to run a little narrow which is good for my small foot. I've had trouble finding shoes that fit well. New Balance, Sauconys, and the other biggest just don't. This is a nice lightweight shoe, perfect to take me into racing season. Now I've never run a race in my life but it sounds good, huh?

I went to Ulta to blow a gift certificate and use a 20% off coupon. Look at this! It's the cutest little thing ever! It's a mini foundation! It was only $4. I wish more companies would make little samples like this.



It matches my cutie pie Keychain Lipgloss

1 Comments:

  • At 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's funny, I bought the mizunos because they were great for my WIDE peasant feet. Loved them, but have now switched to Asics wide with mesh. They are fantastic. After my cotton bucket hat that was gifted to the neighbor's daughter, I will attempt again with a double strand of the Patons grace to see if I can get a stiffer brim instead of a doily!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home