Stacy Knits

Ramblings about knitting and whatever else crosses my mind

Monday, April 04, 2005

Prayers for my Elly-Dog Please

Elly peed in the house last week and again last night. That's really unusual for her. The only other times she's pottied inside since she was a puppy was when she had bladder stones. Off to the vet today. There wasn't any blood in her urine last night but she peed on the floor at the vet and there was some. I feel pretty bad for missing it for so long, and the vet told me not to beat myself up over it. He said that as Elly was tugging at the leash, trying to get someone to pet her, so it's not like she was acting differently. I have to say that I suspected something was up last week when it seemed like she was taking forever to potty.

She'll be having surgery tomorrow morning. It's her 3rd bladder stone surgery in about 2 1/2 years. It's been 3 years since her last one though (the first recurrence was within 6 months!).

We saw another Cairn at the vet! It's one of the few Cairns Elly has ever met. Elly really doesn't care for dogs that much (except Parker, the rest are below her) but she got a kick out of this one. I wondered if she thought she was looking in a mirror. A guy had a little long haired Doxie in the waiting room, sitting on his lap. Elly went over to sniff around, and the Doxie looked down and gave Elly a big lick on the nose. She's a kisser herself and seemed to think that was pretty great. It was the cutest thing.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    From one PuppyMomma to another, my heart goes out to you. I'm sure your baby will be fine. I know I have a hard time leaving my boy anywhere, especially the vet. He'll be having surgery on his knees in the next month or so and I'm gonna be a mess! We're sending puppy kisses Elly's way!

     
  • At 12:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm glad you liked my Clapotis. I used Wool in the Woods cotton in the Oslo colorway and I accidentally ('cuz I wasn't paying attention) used bigger needles than it called for. So the stitches are looser, but its not bulky and I've gotten a lot of compliments on it. I just started a second one tonite with some KnitPicks yarn that has silk in it. We'll see how that goes.

    Yes, Conan is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, and my baby. He has luxating patellas in both of his knees, so surgery is pending. Poor Parker, he's gonna miss his buddy, huh? You'll have to give him extra treats and kisses until she gets back. You might want to try ordering from Pookie's Bow Wow Bakery. Conan likes those.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home