Stacy Knits

Ramblings about knitting and whatever else crosses my mind

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Finished Pink Bucket Hat

I've been wanting a pink hat for summer so made it for myself. I used Plymouth Fantasy Naturale mercerized cotton but realized I may come up a little short so used a little leftover Paton's Grace, doubled up, in a champagne color to add a few stripes. It's cute. My only problem with it is that garter stitch in the round in cotton gets a little lumpy in spots so it's not perfect (and I'm a perfectionist) but I still like it.

I use the pattern from Chic Knits. My only suggestion to anyone making this would be to make a size smaller than your the size you think you need. I've made 2 bucket hats now and made the medium in each. Both are a little big. Not too bad but I'd rather them be a little smaller.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

1 Comments:

  • At 9:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You look so cute!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home