Stacy Knits

Ramblings about knitting and whatever else crosses my mind

Sunday, April 03, 2005

Not much going on

It's so hard to come up with a title when you are just going to say a bunch of random stuff! I just talked to my Mom. The felted bag below was for her friend Karen as a little thank you for helping me with names and e-mails of people to invite to my Mom's surprise party back in December. She loves it. It's so nice to knit something as a gift and have the person like it!

I haven't knit much the last couple of days. My wrist has been bothering me. I have had flare ups of tendinitis since I was in college, and sometimes it just gets bad. This is the first time in awhile so I'm not too worried about it affecting my knitting or having to try continental. Many swear by knitting continental but I just don't like it and oddly go slower when I do it. I'm going to work on Lucky some tonight. I'd like to get the right front piece done this week.

The Lucky pattern shows a sleeve that is wider at the wrist than at the top. I think I'm going to reverse that, making it taper like a normal sleeve and also possibly make it 3/4 length.

I'm enjoying the lace knitting of Lucky but the pattern calls for a 60-some inch tie in 1x1 rib. That's NOT going to be fun! I did a scarf in 1x1 rib and said never again. I'm thinking about getting another set of size 2 needles so I can work on it when I want mindless knitting from time to time. Maybe that will make it more bearable, if I can do it in bits and pieces. Seaming on this is going to be a nightmare too. But it will be all worth it in the end.

Louisville lost last night. Pitino's biggest coaching weaknesses came out. If the three isn't falling, they are in trouble. If his game plan isn't working well, he can't make adjustments (Illinois ate their zone defense alive). He's a master motivator and great at devising a game plan but like every coach, he has his weaknesses. These aren't criticisms based on bitterness that he took the UL job. He was criticized for this at UK too.

Random rant: I've been reading some sports blogs during the tournament and have seen a couple that talk about how Tubby Smith is on the hot seat at UK and how he isn't happy here and fans aren't happy with him. This is absolute total BS. Why people perpetuate this, I don't know. It was perhaps true at one time, especially when Pitino was trying to get Tubby out so he could get his old job back after leaving the Celtics but no longer. 90% of UK fans are crazy about the guy. The rest, well, every fanbase has its idiots. His secretary who has worked in the basketball office for many years has said that he gets less hate mail than any of the prior coaches.


1 Comments:

  • At 6:49 PM, Blogger winnie said…

    Hi Stacy,

    Winnie from the Lucky KAL here. Thank you for the nice comments on my Lucky pieces. The color that I am using is Brown Sheep Cotton Fine's Victorian Pink. Keep up on the good work!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home