Stacy Knits

Ramblings about knitting and whatever else crosses my mind

Friday, April 22, 2005

Recipe Time!

I finished my Honeymoon Cami! I'll take pictures later. It's cute.

Since I have nothing else much to say today and with Derby coming up in a couple of weeks, I thought I'd post my family's Derby Pie recipe. Er, not really Derby Pie which is a trademarked name that only the pie maker can call the ones they sell but I like this recipe because it tastes more like the original than many others. It's easy to make. My Dad even makes it all the time. I've made it (but I'll usually just buy one of the real thing to take, it's just as cheap as making it!). Anyway, this is the best dessert ever. It's like the biggest, gooey-est chocolate chip cookie you'll ever have.

1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup walnuts
3/4 cup chocolate chips

Mix in order given; pour into an unbaked 9 inch pie shell.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25 - 30 minutes.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:01 PM, Blogger Melissa said…

    That's it? That sounds too easy for something so amazing. I'm going to make this soon... it makes me drool just remembering it in GA.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home