Stacy Knits

Ramblings about knitting and whatever else crosses my mind

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Here goes nothing...

Yet another rainy dreary day. I want it to warm up, NOW! I just got an e-mail from the local running shop. The owner is turning 70 tomorrow and is running a half marathon to celebrate. How awesome is that? It made me smile!

Modeling my Honeymoon Cami. If you saw the woeful post about its fit the other day,you'll be able to see the details. If you didn't see it scroll down or else I'll summarize: it's too big.

Moi in my Cami. It looks good here, huh? I even look like I've got muscles in my scrawny arms so who cares that I look drugged. I love the color of the yarn (it will look fab with a tan!) and love the look of the finished camis a lot.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Not bad. But here's the bad news. Look underneath the arms. They gape open an inch or two on each side, and it looks sloppy (unless I'm holding my arms down. Hmmm, there's an option). You can see a bit of the problem above and I took a better shot of the issue below. I always lose a little weight in the summer too because I start running more so it may be that much bigger in a few weeks.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I made the XS, and my gauge was spot on. So here's what I'm gonna do. I still need to shorten the straps. I've tried pinning them up there, and that helps the fit a little. Then I'm going to crochet an edging around the armholes to see if that helps. Then I'll wear it. If I find that I don't wear it because of the fit, I'll frog it and start over. I'm really thinking about doing another with some Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece I have and making some adjustments to fix the sizing.

I'm surprisingly at peace with the idea of having to rip this out. It's kind of a boring pattern to knit with all its stockinette but it moves so quickly that it's not that bad of a knit.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am sorry it's a little big, but you look 'oh-so-cute' in it! I am so in love with that color. Would look great w/ some turq, coral and gold dangly earrings...

     
  • At 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My sister made this tank. Her gauge was on too, but it came out huge. And, she had a bunch of yarn left over. She ended up sewing up the sides on a sewing machine.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home