Stacy Knits

Ramblings about knitting and whatever else crosses my mind

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Let the seaming begin...

Woo! All the pieces of Lucky are finished and blocked (except the 62" tie, I'll work on that off and on) and seaming has begun! Seaming this baby isn't going to be fun. I'm trying to go slowly to make sure it's very well done. I have to say, raglan sleeves are sooo much easier to seam than set-in sleeves.

I went to the library last night and while there, checked out the selection of knitting books. I came across Vintage Knits. I almost bought this from Amazon a couple of months ago. I love vintage inspired clothing and was taken in by the lovely lacy camisole on the front. After looking through it that I'm think I'm glad I didn't buy it. I'm not sure I'd wear many of the things in the book. Some of the details are very vintage but the shaping really wasn't. I do still love the lace camisole (but again am not sure I'd wear it) and a couple of the cardigans were nice. Sometimes with books though, I don't like a lot on the first go through but they grow on me. Maybe that will be the case with this one.

Since there are no knitting pictures tonight, here's one of the act of animal cruelty I commited earlier in the week. Bathtime makes for two very pathetic Cairn Terriers.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Off to watch the American Idol results show and to work on seaming. Please let it be Scott voted off tonight.


2 Comments:

  • At 1:26 AM, Blogger goodkarma said…

    Hi Stacy! Thanks for dropping by my blog today! I love Brown Sheep Cotton Fine; I can't wait to see your finished Lucky. It's going to be so cute after all that work... and I definitely agree that raglan shaping is easier to seam than set-in sleeves.

    It's nice to meet another Law and Order-while-knitting addict! :)

     
  • At 1:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Aaaaah, those pooches are just too adorable for words! I love them. I think we are going to have a kitty bathing fest this weekend. Not going to be pretty, but it'll be my contribution to animal cruelty this week. The hairless one is easy...the others, um, no so much. Can't wait to see that Lucky!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home